Friday 18 March 2011

Spring- a time for creation

Well its been a while since I was on here so I figured its time to get people back in the loop.
A lot of things have happened since I last posted, I have been spending more time in our office, maning the phones, and doing a bit of dispatching, I have been sent to man the post room at one of our clients for most of this week, and I have even had a chance to do a bit of dumpster diving.

Winter seems to have passed now and bar those couple of weeks it wasn't to bad, I have experienced a lot worse, and I am proud to say that I only stacked it once, whilst working that is, the others were through drunkeness.

With spring just around the corner and the potentiol of a fantastic weekend and start of next week weather wise, it makes you glad to be out on the road, sadly though as I write this I am stuck in a office with nothing to do, no cricket to listen to and rapidly going out of my mind. How people do this day in day out is beyond me.

If I had to do this all day everyday, I think I would last about 2 weeks, then I would either be on a murder charge for going on a shotgun weilding rampage through the office or found on a window ledge of the tallest building in london.

I cant wait for Monday so I can get back out on the road where I belong and enjoy the sunshine, the beautiful parks and squares London has to offer and the potential distraction of a short skirt which will always end up being an accident waiting to happen.

And so with Spring brings the joyous birth of many things, not least this year where there will be a new birth in the T O  household. No before anyone asks I've not got some girl up the duff, but it has been in the pipeline for some time now but the new bike is nearing production.

The Frame has been selected, I have found someone that imports it, Its now just a case of getting down there, paying the guy some money and then waiting a week or so until my new baby will arrive. In a tribute to my Toronto Buddies, I have selected a bike which will pay homage to two of my closest friends and former work mates, one who kindly took me under his wing and the other who persudaded me to leave that wing in the search of more money :).

So in Honour of Harry and Chris I have chosen the khaki green Soma Rush. (Mr green for Harry and the rush for Chris).

It will be kept simple, with only 3 colour variations, green, chrome and white, the only white being the seat, with chrome hubs, rims, drop bars, brakes, crankset. pedals.

Once the gestation period is complete hopefully within 3 months, I will have this baby up and running ready in time for some serious summer riding. I always dreamed of having a dry bike and a rain bike, and by the end of May I will hopefully have that.

everything is being built from scratch, with hand selected parts, which will make this run like a dream.
The wheels will be this first thing to get started hopefully with in the next week or so.

Walshy, my co-worker is also just about to start building his new bike, so there will be a bike workshop starting in Walshys living room very soon
This will be my first attempt at building a bike from scratch. A project I have always wanted to do.
An ideal time with summer around the corner.

Happy riding

10-4
TO-Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment